Super cool uses of Una.io
What's up Una.io community!!!
Totally new here and beyond stoked with the capabilities of Una out of the box!! Wow the possibilities!!!
So the first question I would love to ask is... What are some of the coolest things you have seen people, businesses or communities do with Una.io so far?
I have to be a little vague as some of these are covered by NDAs, but hope you can have an idea…
- Specialists - helping each other with complex cases. - Voting - local /issue-based voting and decision making. - Collaboration - internal company networking and data sharing, especially in research and IP development. - Data-management - files, libraries, collections. - Education - courses and classes, complimenting IRL events. - Ticketing - events ticketing, follow up groups and discussions. - Large events - planned events, with stages, streaming and realtime communication. - Sports - predictions, play-betting, fans. - Reviews - product/brand reviews, feedback and support. - Partners - communication and collaboration between partner companies/teams. - Crypto - communities around tokens, exchanges, linking activity to distribution. - Marketplaces - niche products, professional services, etc. - Groups/Spaces - networks structured around neighbourhoods, regions, departments, etc. - Freedom - privacy, freedom of choice, freedom of expression, political and societal views discussion.
All of the topics above are the areas we have worked with when building communities based on UNA. It’s fascinating how much ingenuity and potential for change is channeled through our platform, and it makes me very excited about the next decade of social networking. ✌️
Awesome! Thank you Andrew Very exciting!
I am definitely impressed with the level of dedication and care in which the Una team has built the platform. Personally for me finding Una is a game changer!
I ask the question from a creative and practical perspective.
I am working on a start up project with the focus of empowering people through community and education. The scope of the vision for the project is large, including both virtual and physical aspects.
I really asked the question because the more I learn how the platform functions, the more I keep thinking of ways to utilize it.😍
I realize my journey with y'all is just beginning! I am so excited and can't wait to share cool creations with you!!! 😎 ❤ ✌
Thank you for the welcome Baloo
When it come to online platforms, websites, coding etc. I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous 😂 which also means I totally understand the value of the Una platform and the amazing community that supports it.
I am grateful to have found you all and hope I am able to add value as a member 😎 ❤ ✌
Hi Lisa Ciesniewski - great to see you here. 👋Along with Andrew and our team I have had the great pleasure of exploring numerous use cases for UNA over the last few years, some of which we had designed from scratch, others we have provided support along the way.
As Andrew says, we can't give away specifics on most projects, but we can certainly some ideas of aspects that I think are cool.
1. Be unique. Don't try a rebuild Facebook, it's been done. Creating a bespoke community around a singular interest, topic or idea is in my experience the coolest thing that you can do with UNA.
2. Give value. Give your community members value for their time, a reason for joining and a reason to stay around. Create cookie content that is irresistible to your target audience, content that will bring them to your site and keep them there. Perhaps it is expert opinion, access to a product, or specialized and exclusive content (including chat with other users)
3. Less is Best. UNA has a dizzying array of modules and configuration possibilities, pro tip, DON'T use them all. The best UNA sites have a clear idea of what they want to be and an understanding of their value proposition. Creating a successful UNA based site is often a question of switching things off rather than turning every module on.
4. Be a part of your own community. Create posts, encourage and answer discussions, be active and involved and your community members will be too.
Hope this helps!
Thank you Mark Purser for your insight!
So far one of the aspects I appreciate most about Una is the wide array of capabilities and customization. For me it is super cool to find a platform that gives me the ability to both create operational systems for my teams and a variety of valuable service/product offerings for my members, all in a logical fashion out of the box without the need to do extensive coding.
I love your recommendations and agree strongly especially with #2, which is why I am loving Una 😀
😎 ❤ ✌
Yes the balance between creating functional tools for task management and learning and a place to review, sell and discuss is what UNA is all about.
Una is building the future of tech turning the hard easier NOT easy just easier lol
anyways una can build any website its saleable up and down they brand there self as social networking software there more than that social solutions and with market freelance devs more and more is yet to come to una joining early is in best interest for everyone that's my opinion on the software Looks After You So You Can Look After Buisness aBit Better.
But with tech comes problems and if you find problems always best to share it here.
I second what Mark said about the modules. I installed v11and then every possible module just to play and test. Talk about overwhelming!
During your site development phase, look through the available modules and use those that you think will best suit your site's purpose. Add others only as necessary. UNA is overwhelming enough just because it's a brand new platform. Add the complexity of the apps/modules and your brain can explode. Start with the basics and go from there.
All the successful social media sites have one thing in common. Great promotional efforts. The phase " Build it and they will come" is not enough. You have to either have an influencer(s) (promoters) or a successful promotional plan. People need to be convinced that they need to be a member.
If 1 and 2 are accomplished, motivate your community members to make use of UNA invitation and sharing to other networks options. If your existing members like your platform they might want to bring in new people they already are friends with on other social networks.
Hi Lisa! I notice this post was made last year… curious how your project is coming along?? It’s been a long, learning curve for me for sure, but getting ready to put it out there! Couldn’t have asked for a better platform!
Hi @Karina!! Feeling ready to 🚀 with the project.. you can check it out here www.dhpcolab.com
Mid-January I am planning on ramping up the on-boarding process.... Feel free to create an account and let me know what you think!
I would love to see what you have been building!! 😎