last week I changed in studio from "stable" to "beta" channel.
Next time I step in studio it shows me that the update would be available. (picture 1)
pushed the update button, after a while got the message "Site will be upgraded within a minute." (picture 2)
But....... nothing changed or upgraded, next time I step in the studio got the same screen as picture 1.
went to the site settings, and looked if I had the correct boxes checked. (picture 3), auto update is ON, even force auto update.
Next thought, maybe missed some settings in the Cron-Jobs, but there is all ok (picture 4)
Any ideas, that may help???
Nice idea, but our PHP version is:
- version = 7.3.33 - OK
- allow_url_fopen = On - OK
- allow_url_include = Off - OK
- magic_quotes_gpc = Off - OK
- memory_limit = 256 MB - OK
- post_max_size = 516 MB - OK
- upload_max_filesize = 512 MB - OK
- register_globals = Off - OK
- safe_mode = Off - OK
- disable_functions - OK
- php module: curl = curl - OK
- php module: gd = gd - OK
- php module: mbstring = mbstring - OK
- php module: json = json - OK
- php module: fileinfo = fileinfo - OK
- php module: zip = zip - OK
- php module: openssl = openssl - OK
- php module: exif = exif - OK
- version = 5.7.23 - OK
- rewrite_module - OK
Did you check cronjob? Does it run on Studio dashboard? And is it configured for the right php version?
Any info in upgrade.log file?
And i viewed my php.ini
; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 2000
memory_limit = 512M
post_max_size = 1024M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php73"
upload_max_filesize = 1024M
zlib.output_compression = Off
seems to be OK
maybe this is a not correct information in studio.
if I had a look in my cpanel it shows in phpMyAdmin :
Would still be a too high version.
PHP Version: UNA requires PHP 7.4. Please note the following version requirements for older UNA releases: PHP 5.6 is required for versions before 13.0.0-B2, PHP 5.5.10 for versions before 10.0.0-B1, and PHP 5.5.0 for versions before 9.0.0-RC7. Ensure your server environment is running the appropriate PHP version.
If it could be done manually by uploading the upgrade in a specific folder and run from there, that would be fine
I installed PHP 5.6, but it didn't help. Clearly, something else is causing the issue. The problem is widespread.
With the help of @LeonidS we have found out our problem.
It was the wrong command line of the Cron-Job, after correcting this, the updates run without any problems.
We changed the cron command to: /usr/local/bin/ea-php74 /home1/HOSTING/DOMAIN/FOLDER/periodic/cron.php
and let the cron run every minute * * * * *
(This is at shared hosting)
As you can see, it's common that widespread problems often turn out as misconfigurations of the server. I know that from own experience.
Correct, but if you not know, where these problems are to find... you would look for a needle in a haystack.
because our UNA 12 runs, most times without problems, so there was no need to look for an error.log file at the hosting. Ant that the Cron did not run, you only see if you look in your studio/dashboard and run a server-audit
Here's how it looks for me: /opt/php/7.4/bin/php -q /var/www/u000000/data/www/domain/periodic/cron.php