Drafting UNA Acceptable Use Policy - who can use it and who can not.
UNA platform matures and we get more people interested in launching their own UNA-powered custom community sites. In the last few months, particularly, UNA Team is in a situation that we need to narrow the scope of potential clients and also lay out guidelines for what kind of projects we are eager to work with and what kind of projects we would rather not touch.
It is important to understand that UNA is primarily a public-service product, making positive impact a top priority. Revenue generation is important, but not critical for UNA platform success, so we are fortunate to be able to say "no" to projects that don't align with our mission.
Websites using UNA platform for the activities outlined below will be pro-actively disconnected from version updates and any support services. Below activities are considered prohibited usage and will result in immediate account suspension or cancellation without a refund and the possibility that UNA Inc will impose fees; and/or pursue civil remedies without providing advance notice.
- Spam and Unsolicited Bulk Email: UNA Inc has a zero tolerance policy on spam.
- Access to Other Computers or Networks without Authorisation: Any act which interferes with the services of another user or network. Any act relating to the circumvention of security measures.
- Activities Viewed as Illegal or Harmful: Fraudulent or otherwise illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes; promoting and supporting abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful content
- Any activity or content that is harmful to minors in any way.
- Communities promoting hateful or discriminatory activity based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Below activities are not considered prohibited usage, but may be offered limited technical support. Automatic updates for such websites can still be accessed. Direct technical support and general community support may be limited to questions not including direct links, media or content references posted publicly at UNA.IO or via UNA Inc. direct email support. In most cases UNA technical specialists reserve the right to refuse visiting or otherwise interacting with the websites involved in such activities.
- Pornography and Adult-content: Depictions or images of sexual acts or implied sexual activity; graphic photos or videos. This does NOT automatically include networks for heterosexual, gay, lesbian or transgender individuals; breast feeding networks or educational networks promoting safe sex, assuming that pornography and graphic media is not present.
- Potentially Illegal Group Activity: Networks promoting illegal or harmful gatherings; denial-of-service attacks; service disruption activities; radical political or religious actions.
We strongly believe that building generic social networks (a.k.a. "Facebook Clones") using UNA platform is not beneficial for end-users. Network operators are encouraged to focus on building niche communities focused on beneficial causes. Uniting people around interests, goals or activity that is inspiring, positive and helpful invariably leads to overall project success. Below activities will be supported with priority.
- Educational and inspirational content generation and sharing.
- NGOs, NPOs and other groups contributing towards common welfare.
- Philanthropic, humanitarian, charitable networks.
- Open-source and Free software initiatives.
This is still a draft, which will be updated before official publication. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.