Thanks for the reply Mark. I have yet to look into the Wiki and the Ads Module.
(To be sure we're on the same page... when I refer to a business directory I am referring something like Yellow Pages, Yelp and not a classifieds ad such as Craigslist)
Would either of the Wiki or Ads module allow for.
1) creation of numerous business listing plans, e.g. Bronze, Silver and Gold plans
2) each business to have limited features, e.g.
Bronze Plan - number of tags to be limited to: 5, Categories limit: 1
Silver Plan - number of tags to be limited to: 10, Categories limit: 2
Gold Plan - number of tags to be limited to: 15, Categories limit: 5
Other features to allow or limit on each business listing:
- Featured (ad displayed more prominently , allow for Logo, Link to business website, Title size (character limit), Phone:, Fax:, Address, Zip code, Map (e.g. openstreetmap), Hours, Email, Email to a friend, Print, Reviews (text), Ratings (stars), QR Code, Social Links
3) each plan can time based, e.g. Set to expired in 30 days, 1 year, etc.
4) automatic email or some sort of automatic notification of: registration, listing ad approved by admin, notice of listing ad expiration in 30 day (or whatever # of days prior to expiration a notice will be sent, rejection notice, etc.
5) payments system set up so when payment is made, business listing is automatically set up to expire at the end of determined time (30 days or one year from payment date.
6) Search feature to no only search for business base on: country, state/province and city identified but search searches: title, and tags (I'm assuming searching body text is not advisable).
7) ban IP addresses
8) ability for users to flag a business listing as: fraudulent, etc,
There are so many other important features a Business Directory should have that I haven't listed. I'm not sure I have the skills and/or time to build such a project.
It would be great if UNA would have a Business Directory module... for this is something website owners can directly monetize on.