UNA 9-RC10 Released with Analytics, Channels, New Notifications and more.
The long-awaited RC10 is here. Yes, it is a huge update with core improvements, new modules, new features and lots of fixes, but most importantly - it is the last feature-update before the v9 final. We will release RC11 in about two weeks to follow up, and there will be some minor module updates to address urgent known issues but we will now be focusing entirely on making the platform stable - both in operation and in deployment.
Now, let's see what we got in RC10...
"Channels" is the new module which extends functionality of hashtags. Separate content page is created for each hashtag. On this separate page there are a lot of functions available, such as ability to subscribe to the hashtag, share it, post something, etc.
Mass Mailer is our first version of the Newsletter-sending system that you can use instead of, say, Mailchimp or Intercom. You still need to connect it to a transactional email provider like Mandrill or another SMTP sender, but you no longer need to spend extra for a newsletter-manager, at least if your needs are basic. This module will be improved a lot over time.
Once again we're stepping away from dependence on the 3rd party services and launching the first Analytics app which gathers in displays various charts for the site data like profiles count, content, growth, etc. more metrics will be added continuously now.
- New actions block on content pages
- Buildable menu in author block on modules' content pages in different modules
- Anonymous posting in comments, posts, discussions, timeline (disabled by default)
- Labels system based on hashtags (disabled by default)
- Allow using phone numbers as login
- New design for live on-site notifications popups
- Age field enhancements
- Comments: minified post form
- Comments: buildable menu for user meta info
- Permissions: allow to set "Number of allowed actions" and "Number of actions is reset every" for some actions
- New setting for a number of max hashtags per pos
- Rate limiter to send messages from the queue
- Menu: menu trigger for profile/group snippet menu
- Menu: custom visibility field for menu item
- Site revision number hidden setting
- Audio transcoder
- Enhancements for "Automatic profile creation from account name" setting
- Stripe SDK updated
- FontAwesome was updated to the latest version
- FFmpeg was updated to the latest version
- Notifications: allow user to select notification preferences.
Oooh yeah! It's here! Now user can choose their own notifications preferences for all types (on-site, email and push)...
- Timeline: new notification when something is posted directly to your timeline via timeline post form
- Timeline: new notification when photos are added to an album
- Timeline: new setting to preload some number of comments in Timeline
- Timeline: buildable menu for user meta info
- Market: send email to the buyer upon the purchase
- Persons/Orgs: 'added' and 'updated' fields were added to profile view for admins
- Persons/Orgs: views counter
- Payments: new settings to hide payment provider
- Payments: subscriptions page enhancements
- Froala: resize uploaded images
- Forum: manage reports functionality
- Albums: use the first image as album's thumbnail where it's needed
- After system and all modules are updated, you need to disable and then enable Notifications module, all data will remain, however it will reset module configuration to the default state, including module menus and page blocks.
More details on all updates and files for direct download are available in UNA GitHub repo - 9-RC10 Release.
Tomorrow or on Friday I will upload a video overview of some of those new features and changes. It's been a long day. :)
Thank you, team - you are awesome!