Who doesn't love a good whistleblower? Especially when they are spilling the dirt on our mates at Facebook. It is concerning stuff, Haugen’s document dump revealed what many suspected but couldn’t prove: that Facebook created more lenient secret rules for elite users, that Instagram made body issues worse for one in three teen girls, and that Facebook knowingly amped up outrage on its main site through an algorithm change in 2018, potentially leading to the January 6 storming of the US Capitol building. Her suggestion is greater transparency, with external observers and more investment toward internal guidance, looking to minimise harm as a highest priority.
Hello. I have been trying to reach you, to discuss about a project for one of my clients that could use UNA, but needs some modifications. I explained it to another Una dev and pointed me to you so I could ask about something similar that the UNA team had already developed for a client. Hope you can elp. Thank you.
This system comprises a set of the most powerful and useful Affiliate and Referrals tools. It is intended to assist site vendors to attract unlimited number of real paying members. You can use system both standard linear referral and advanced affiliate matrix system. In matrix mode it is possible to create for members any number of own matrices with defined number of users levels in it. Registered members can invite new users using personal referral links, banners code, direct email messages, social sharing. Affiliate System is integrated with UNA payment system, thus allows to pay earned commission to members through the site. If you have our Point System it is possible to use points and money as commission and it is also possible to use only points without real money payouts.
Main administration abilities:
- Create Affiliate programs depends on existed membership levels. Affiliate Program allows to enable/disable matrix and linier referral algorithm.
There are four activity types for sponsors to earn commission from referred members:
- New profile join
- Referred profile's membership upgrade
- Purchases in Market module
- Any other purchases through the site cart
Commissions values can have both static values and percentage of the spent price on the site (membership price, good's price in store and etc... ). In matrix mode, it is possible to set commission for each matrix level independently.
2. Manage profiles information. Admin has comprehensive interface to control earned commissions, invited members, affiliate statistic and etc.
3. Create Banners for members to embed. Each member can get own unique banners' js code to insert to any page of any site. This special code allows to track three banners' activity and for each of them admin can set commission.
- joined member
- banner's impression
- banner's click
It is possible to set commission in defult currency or in points (if you have Point System).
4. Manage commissions requests. Admin has area to process members' commissions payout requests. It is possible to pay to the members through the site in case if member defined payment settings in account details or to process commission manually.
We have added description for each field in studio and hope it will help to understand how to use each option.
Main users abilities:
Members have four Affiliate System pages with functions:
- Dashboard page contains the most important info for members. Information about current active program, earned commission, direct referral link and ability to send email invitations or share referral link in Twitter or Facebook and etc...
- Referrals page contains info about all invited profiles and search function. In matrix mode it is possible to view matrix tree.
- Statistic page allows to view the all details about referred members' activity and their earned commission with search function.
- Banners' page allows to view details about used banners, earned commission and to get personal banners' code.
We have tried to make users interface simple, functional and clear for members.
Difference between linear referral and matrix algorithms.
How linear referral algorithm works:
For example: You as admin can set as commission $1 for each referred member . If any registered member invites 10 new members, then earned commission for join is 10 x $1 = $10. In case if you have Points System, you can set points instead of money or to use both. So, now sponsor profile can get commission for each paid action (membership upgrades, purchases on the site) performed by any of these 10 invited members, depends on admin settings.
Forced Matrix Income:
For example: You (as admin) can create matrix 3x8 members. When member A refers 3 new members, then Level 1 in matrix 3x8 will be complete. When one of these 3 members refers another 3 members, Level 2 with 9 members of matrix will be also complete and so on till Level 8. Of course, members from each level can continue to refer members and they will be added to appropriate level. Any future referred member will be automatically placed under of existed referred members, forcing the matrix to fill up to 8 levels deep. Up-line Members from matrix can get the commission for every paid action or new member in matrix from down-line members. Member from Level 1 gets commission for members from Level 2 – Level 8, members from Level 2 for members from Level 3 – Level 8 and so on.There is flexible system of settings for admin which allows to set price or percentage for referrals activity on each level. There is the example for matrix 3x8 below:
So, each member can get $9,840.00 by filling own matrix and how fast the members get $9,840.00 depends on how well they advertise their referral link or affiliate banner. It is possible for members to start to fill new matrix when they fill default one.
There are many different ways how to reward members with commission. For example you can reward members only with percentage of the spent price by their referred members on the site. Our Points System allows to reward members only with points for referred members' activity.
What is matrix option - Spillover:
Using any referral link or banner new members can join and they will be automatically placed into the sponsor matrix. Following above example, if we have matrix 3X8, each member can have only 3 people directly invited in own matrix in down-line level, but what to do if this member invites more then 3 profiles? If you are sponsor of more than 3 members, your new members will be placed under your other recruits to help them get started. This is called spillover. So, not only you can refer new profiles, your up-line and down-line members can help you to fill your personal matrix. Members can communicate with their invited members and teach them how to invite new members.
Here is a news story with an UNA website being mentioned on CNN this morning. It's not the best news for the owners of the website, lots of Australian expats stranded overseas because the Australian government won't let them come home - but it is great to see UNA being used to facilitate giving these people a voice in this difficult time.