UNA Messenger is a responsive, mobile friendly, real-time chat/messenger and video conferencing system integrated directly into UNA. UNA Messenger allows members to create private talks, group talks and participate in conversations embedded directly into specific webpages through the 'Shoutbox' blocks.
Realtime Chat, Direct Messaging (DMs) and Video Conferencing 🎥 between individuals and small groups is rapidly becoming a core function within social community interactions. UNA Messenger offers a slick interface and a host of features bringing a cutting edge Messaging service into the 💞heart of your social community website.
UNA Messenger enables you to share files, images and video directly and privately between users, accessing photo library and phone cameras when used in the native app or mobile devices.
The integration of Jitsi Meet offers a secure and free Zoom & Skype alternative, offering a host of features, supporting video conferencing up to 75 people, screen sharing, recording to Dropbox and live stream to YouTube.
Using the 'Shoutbox' function UNA enables you to embed a Chat Directly into any web page. Many Groups focussed websites such as WeMe utilise Shoutbox functions to encourage informal realtime chat amongst members. Once users have commented in the Shoutbox 🙋♀️the Chat will automatically be added to their UNA Messenger - so they can continue with the discussion without having to revisit the webpage each time. There is the option to replace comments with Messenger Shoutbox to give your feedback a lively realtime feel.
UNA Messenger is a rapidly developing module ⛏- with many new features planned for release in the near future.
UNA Messenger is built upon a few different platforms and technologies (node js, websockets, push notifications) and requires Jot Server and Jot Messenger apps to be installed. Jot Server created as app for node js using real-time frameworks for websockets(Primus, SockJs). Jot Server can be installed on your server, you to install node js on your web hosting server and then install Jot Server (read more details about installation here).
- Manually Create Talks with any user. Thus can be done from the UNA Messenger page using edit menu icon. Just click on it and type names and auto-completion ability helps to easily find all members by their names.
- Edit participants list by talk owner or admin. Each talk has settings and allows members to change them for their needs. Below you may see available option:
- Add Participants (if you talk owner or admin)
- Delete talk (if you are the talk owner or admin)
- Leave talk. This option allows to leave talk for any participants.
- Mute. This option allows to stop getting push notification on members devices from which they visited your site.
- Remove and Repost each message. Repost option allows to resend members history messages of any available talk to any member. You just need to hover on a message, click on Copy link to the jot icon and then send it to any other member via Jot Messenger. If you want to delete a message, just click on close icon near each talk message.
- Search talks by keywords and titles. In left side block of main messenger page, you may see search box. It allows to find talks by content.
- Use UNA Messenger blocks on pages with comments and modules pages based on profile module (Groups, Events).
- Filter existed talks list by talk types. By default available: General, Private, Sets, Groups, Events.
- Allows to watch on members' statuses. By default, there are 3 types: Online (green circle), Away - (orange circle), Offline - (empty bordered circle)
- Allows to get standard UNA notification, sound notifications and one signal push notifications about new messages. You may read details about how to setup web push notifications here for http and https sites.
- UNA Messenger has an integrated emoji library with many smiles sets. Site Operators can disable/enable the ability to type smiles manually instead of picking them up from popup block.
Video Chat / Jitsi Meet Features
- Full support of WebRTC - the open standard of web communication.
- Supports up to 75 online participants.
- Record meetings to Dropbox.
- Livestream to YouTube.
- Share screen, presentations & built in chat.
- Sync Messenger Chat with Jitsi Chat (optional).
- Create custom meeting URLs & passwords.
- Invite people to join from outside your UNA community.
- Use the Free Jitsi Meet Server or create your own.
- A host of configuration settings available within UNA Studio
Audio/ Video calls feature ??
So, after purchase, I have installed Jot messenger from my site. However I need help getting Jot Server installed. HELP!!!
have a quick question...will there be an option in a future update to allow the clearing of all messages within the shoutbox without having to "delete lot" I have noticed issues with deleting lot in the shoutbox. An option to do basically a mass removal of all messages within the shoutbox would be a great one. Maybe even an option to do a scheduled purge of the shoutbox at a specific interval set by the admin.
it's a great idea. the messages are all stored in sql tables. i haven't looked to see if each shoutbox inherits its own column, or it just all writes into the same table sequentially across all shout boxes (for example i have a shout box on each group page to provide group chat). i would assume the home page shout box is the parent here, but maybe that's not how the architecture is set up..
We have this option in queue and it will be added to the version in nearest update https://github.com/unaio/jot-client-una/issues/97
I just paid for Messenger and bought the Jot Server install. I sent an email to the installer with my ssh root access and IP address. Anything else I need to do? Do I need to install jitsi server or does that come with the jot install?
Hello, I have installed the files for the Messenger. My next question is how to make it visible. I have reviewed the Messenger Page and added the Shoutbox, but still no display, can you assist me. Thanks
Got a question, what makes the messenger connection fail? were users are not receiving the dm in a Realtime mode, thanks!
hey! i need a little help getting jot server to work.. i have a VPS.. Ive installed node, seems ok.. and jot server. but the page is blank,.,.
THere may be an issue with the sever certificate locations, its a littlle confusing,.. can you please help as ive tried everything now and i cant get it working.
Thanks a lot Alexey , it was only that setting to add (http://localhost:5200) and working perfect now!
Pd: would be best use the https, so https://localhost:5200 or it does not matters?
Very nice Chat, congrats!
If I may request few more features:
1) Ability to record audio messages with admin defined length in minutes and encoding bitrate.
2) Ability to have collapsible trees of conversation both in privat chats and group chats.
Hello, i install jot server but messenger is not working
Please i need help with the jot server
You can find info about installation here https://github.com/unaio/jot-server
Also there are several vendors provides service for Jot Server installation.
Why Livestream to YouTube? Why should we work for YouTube? Can it be Livestreamed directly on our website?
When I updated to RC2 I was unable to install this new version of the Messenger. The system kept the old version, even I cannot "uninstall it". When I go to "update apps" it is still there See images below:
when I click on it, it disappear and the "downloaded section show the image below)..
Then when I click install...the newer version above does not show in the apps installed (it shows the older one):
and when I go back to the "update", I find the newer version still sitting there as shown below:
Then I tried to delete the module and install it again, but I got this message:
but will never uninstall it.
Any help on this please?