We have released an update for the Messenger module and now the latest version is 9.0.13.
Below you may see the list of the changes:
1) All the media file types are supported in messenger history (video, sound, image type). If you upload a sound file and it supports with your browser (mp3 for example), then talk's participants can playback it immediately without transcoding.
2) Files slideout panel allows to view or download all files attached to the talk. This panel also will be used for other abilities in future versions.
3) Add support for browser's storage. Now if you write a message and want to open another talk or close the chat window, it is possible without losing the text. Next time when you open the talk in the same browser, you may see the icon near unfinished talks and continue writing.
4) Support for browser's history. Messenger saves all the opened browsers' talks during the session and if you click on back browser's button it redirects you to the previous talk, but not to the previous page. This ability also allows opening talks list panel instead of a pervious page in the mobile version.
5) Notifications integration. Now if you already read the message, it will not be added to notifications panel and notifications list, so you don't have to read notifications about the already viewed message. In future versions, we will exclude notifications from push and emails queue for read messages.
6) Real-time information about users who read the message. It means that if you are online and have sent/received a message, it is possible to see small icons of the participants who already viewed the message as well.
7) Online status now is synchronized with UNA user's status. Away status isn't removed and works for users who are in messenger now but may read another talk or move the focus to another app.
8) Edit message function was simplified for use. Now if you want to edit just sent message you need to click on up arrow button.
9) Previous icons set Feather was replaced with UNA defaults icons FontAwesome. It means now messenger icons are synchronized with the site's icons.
10) New options for message delete function. Administration of the site can enable/disable the ability for members to remove their messages and also enable/disable the ability to remove messages immediately without administration confirmation. It means that admin can allow members to remove their messages immediately from the talk's history without leaving any online fingerprints.
11) New sound about just obtained message. Something like Doo :)
12) Many improvements and fixes for popup menus, users selections behaviour in creating talks and etc, also added a base for the future updates.