Database query error
Hey guys. For years I've been a fan of Dolphin 7 because I was able to achieve so much with it. The profile match maker and form builder was a huge reason for me to keep it going. But, as it's reached end of life, well I figured I'd give Una a shot.
Before Dolphin, I used Social Engine. After migrating to there from PHPFox. I also used SocialEngine to migrate from Ning. I used a migration script to transfer my Ning data to PHPFox. And from PHPFox to Social Engine. I couldn't migrate anything to Dolphin until Una came out. So now I'm in a situation where I want to do that. And everything goes real well up until the point where Una fails to access the SocialEngine database. See error above.
I have a couple of questions. Mainly:
1. Why has this migration script not gotten an update since Una 9? Social Engine is working on and passing an update with v6 right now.
2. I don't know if this database error has anything to do with the php version of the server or not. But to me, it sounds like something isn't loading properly which leads me to suspect this may be the case. Do you know what PHP version Una 9 was compatible with for me to test further?
3. What actually gets imported into Una from Social Engine? Am I to believe it's just photo albums and blogs with profiles? Has anyone ever done an import before with the script created from Git Hub?
4. Why is some of the scripts, SEMigration included only available in Git Hub code reposatories rather than the Una Market? I assume this has to do with version numbers limiting installation or purchase capabilities. If that's the case, I definitely would consider Una not production ready even though it's turning out to be a real promising project.
1. Try getting Social Engine migration script ready for v5 as that has come and gone. If it's as simple as updating a database prefix in a row of tables when looking for existing data, nothing else would've changed too much.
2. Lets talk custom imports. By URL. By CSV. By users themselves, and. By administrators in bulk. For both content and modules respectively. With the option of exporting content in a universal format as GDPR would encourage. User's data belongs to them. Which means, they should be able to share it cross platform with little manual work. Obviously a custom embedding solution would need to be put in place. However, specifying what part of a website actually generates user content is key. and that can be done using simple HTML or text based formatting for the most part.
3. By current standards, Dolphin 7 still has more to offer than Una 13. Lets talk file albums. Sounds. Links. Apps. Importers. Matching. Custom sign up process. All the things that members really care about by how they are able to interact themselves with the website. Including having their own profile appearance. And word press integration. Social Engine, PHPFox and Ning has something Una doesn't have. That's activity. Ning because of profile customization. Social Engine because of unified navigation and page builder concepton a page by page basis. And PHPFox because of infinite scrolling for posts and pages for all apps. Yes Una has a page builder, but it's complicated to use and all the code is displayed in a php block. One wrong character accidentally entered, and you can't restore the original. Something all other platforms I'm trying to migrate away from has built in shields to prevent.
Basically I'm saying, what am I migrating to and why can't I complete the process for what your script supports out of the box from an install that hasn't changed from the core plugins in 7 years?