We have all seen those posts regarding emails not getting sent or going to spam folders. Well, there are 2 ways you can resolve but most people are not aware on how to setup reverse DNS settings with a PTR record so, thanks to Baloo for mentioning MailJet for using with your SMTP module in UNA. To me, MailJet is one of the most affordable and easy setups I have seen yet so, I figured I would give a helping hand on setting it up.
So here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of the SMTP module for UNA if you haven't already. You can do a search for SMTP in your Studio > Apps Market.
- Go to https://www.mailjet.com/ and click the "Sign Up for Free" button. Enter you email address and password to setup the account.
- During the setup, it is going to ask you what "type" of setup you want. Make sure you choose the "Developer" and "SMTP Relay" options. This is all you will need from them since you will be using them for just a SMTP service and IF you want to send "marketing" emails to all your members, I would suggest installing Mass Mailer module and using that instead.
- Once you have completed the account setup, you will be given 3 important things you will need for your SMTP module at your UNA site.
- USERNAME (API KEY): Which is the SMTP username in UNA
- PASSWORD (SECRET KEY):Which is the SMTP Password in UNA
- SMTP SERVER: Which is the SMTP server name in UNA.
By default, your account will be set to a FREE account which allows 3,000 emails per month but, limited to 200 per day. If you have a lot of activity on your website, I would suggest upgrading that to the Bronze package which give you 30,000 emails a month with no daily limits. I prefer to pay monthly and it's $9.65/month
In UNA - Go into the SMTP module and do the following:
Put a checkmark in Enable SMTP mailer and SMTP authentication (Is your SMTP server requires username and password?)
Using the 3 pieces of important info from above, enter the values you have into the fields to match. I would suggest using Port 587 and change the secure connection to TLS. See below:
You can also update the "From" field in SMTP with that you want. From here, you can click "Test" on the left side menu in the SMTP module. You can test to make sure you have everything setup properly. Enjoy! 😎